Yota Devices Ltd. is a Russian mobile broadband services provider and smartphone manufacturer. They developed the Yotaphone 2 as the world’s first dual-screen always-on smartphone. It offers a fully customizable always-on screen with hands-free messaging, mail and a reading time up to 100 hours. It offers full Android functionality on both screens.
Yotaphone is easing into its Chinese marketing programs, devoting modest resources and adopting a ‘wait and see’ approach based on the early results.
Digital Jungle has been providing a range of digital marketing services for Yota to reach their Chinese target audience on the relevant Chinese platforms. The services that Digital Jungle provides for Yota include the following:
Social Media Marketing, including:
- Weibo & WeChat account set up and content strategy & execution
- Activation campaigns on Weibo and WeChat
- Yotaphone Baidu Baike page development
- Yota CEO Weibo & Baidu Baike page
- Social Listening and monitoring
Search Marketing, including:
- Full audit of the current Yotaphone website
- Ongoing monthly optimization of the site for the Chinese search engines
- Targeted SEM campaigns in selected cities in China
Demand Side Platform marketing
Design & HTML 5 Development
- Design of Weibo, Jingdong (JD.com) and banner series for Yotaphone
- Development of a HTML interactive solution to let the target audience visualize and experience the key competitive benefits of the Yotaphone
Digital Jungle continuously strives to provide Yotaphone with the most tangible and measurable results possible in each of the marketing activities undertaken.
The results of these efforts speak for themselves. With limited resources devoted to the program so far, there are over 42,000 followers of the Yotaphone official Weibo account, 1700 fans on Wechat, over 50,000 participants in the Weibo activation campaign.
It’s one thing to have fans and followers, but the best measure of success is consumer engagement. The Weibo campaign achieved more than 25,000 reposts and 850+ comments.
In the last 3 months the Baidu page index capacity of the Yotaphone has improved tremendously – with less than 10 visits a day to Yotaphone2 keyword being recognized in the auto complete search bar – the traffic visits are rising continually.
The DSP efforts have already generated more than 250,000 new visits to the Yotaphone 2 website. Yotaphone has been encouraged by the results on this smaller scale and have plans to expand the program and drive sales of the Yotaphone 2.